Clamp On Gas Flowmeters are not as widely used as their liquid counterpart due to the advanced technology to measure what is effectively an empty pipe. However, RS Hydro is the most experienced (and practically the only) company in the UK to offer a flow meter rental service for clamp on gas flow meters. By using the PT878GC and CTF878 we are able to provide a rental measurement service for a wide range of gases:
- Compressed Air
- Hydrogen Oxygen
- Nitrogen Steam
- Natural Gas
- Corrosive Gases
- Erosive Gases
- High Purity Gases
- Sterile Gases
- Toxic Gases
- Inert Gases
- Compressed Air
Advantages of Clamp-On Gas Flowmeters
- Non-invasive flow monitoring - no wetted parts
- Easily installed clamp-on sensors with no interruption to flow
- No pressure drop
- Standard volumetric flow calculation (fixed or active inputs)
- Small, lightweight and easy to use
- Wide range of pipe materials and sizes: 12-1000mm
- Process temperatures from -40Â°C to 230Â°C
- Integrated wall thickness measurement
- Analog inputs & outputs
- Rechargeable battery pack
- Integrated datalogger with 100,000 data points.
A clamp on ultrasonic gas flow meter produces signals that are five to ten times more powerful than those of traditional ultrasonic transducers. The new clamp on transducers produce clean, coded signals with very minimal background noise. The result is that a clamp on gas flow meter can now provide optimum performance even with low-density gas applications.
As there are no modifications to the pipe, installation costs are dramatically reduced. Indeed, one instrument can be used to survey many flow measurement points in one day. The meter can be installed on any unlined pipe of metal or plastic construction from 0.75-36.0 inches in diameter with operating temperatures of -40Â°C to 230Â°C.
If you'd like to consult with one of our flow specialists to help you choose the ultrasonic flow measurement solution that best suits your application, please feel free to contact us.