A well known University requires a monitoring system to be designed, installed and calibrated.
The AquaTrans AT868 Panametrics Liquid Flow Ultrasonic Transmitter and the Kamstrup Multical Ultrasonic Heat Meter.
The University in question, heats its campus site via standard boiler house facilities,producing thermal heat / energy for distribution across the campus site. In line with new energy monitoring legislative initiatives (e.g EU Directives 2002/91/EC, etc) the university required a monitoring system to be initially designed, installed and calibrated to provide accurate, up to date information, to examine energy / heat utilization across the universities individual departments.
On a preliminary appraisal from RS Hydro it was recommended that in regard to flow metering a Panametrics AquaTrans AT868 Clamp on ultrasonic flow meter be installed in collaboration with the Kamstrup Multical 401 Ultrasonic heat meter be used to achieve the desired flow and heat metering requirements.
Panametrics AquaTrans AT868
- Available for a high range of monitoring applications (e.g wastewater, sewage, cooling and heating water)
- Economical non-intrusive flow measurement
- Simple setup, installation and low cost
- Suitable for a wide range of pipe sizes and materials
- Velocity, volumetric and totalized flow.
- Internal keypad for field programming
Kamstrup Multical 401 Heat Meter
- High level of accuracy with longevity and minimal operating costs
- Simple to install and read saving time and money
- Ergonomically designed, for the calculator to be installed up to 1.5m away from the flow meter
- In addition to own data the meter can also accumulate data for two extra water meters, enabling all consumption data to be read simultaneously